Friday, March 24, 2006


a>
Back from a week long road trip to the beautiful city of Los Angeles. L.A. takes a lot of flak but it's really quite an amazing city. Sure there's a lot of traffic but it is the 2nd largest city in the USA; what do you expect! I avoided most of that traffic by taking my bike with me and doing all my L.A. journeys pedaling. Amazingly, for a city that is quite flat, and has perfect weather, there are almost NO bicycles on the road! In my four days in L.A. I didn't see more than 100 bikes. I see that many on my daily 14 mile commute here in Seattle!

I had pretty good luck with photos but I really thought I would find more things of interests: more old signage, more old buildings, more weird stuff in general. Of course in 4 days it is difficult to see much of a city as large as L.A.!

No comments: