Monday, October 09, 2006

Still the same old story, scanning images from my NYC trip. This will be my story for a few weeks here I think. Just got news my new printer shipped and should be here by the end of the week. It's a month late but I still hope to have an exibition up before Thanksgivings. I will also start offering a cheaper, injet version of my work. This new printer, the HP B9180 claims to have a 200 year print life so I finally feel comfortable offering injet prints (or giclee as some people like to say (French for inkjet)).

I'm already missing NYC and would gladly go back anytime. I still don't think I want to live there but I could imagine at least a yearly trip if not biyearly visits. I don't think I have ever been in a city that offered so many chances for street photography. I lived a year in Paris, and while I hadn't discovered street photography at that point in time I don't think it's the same, there isn't the variety of subjects like NYC, same with London, Berlin, Tokyo. Big cities, yes, but for interesting faces I think NYC wins easily.

Photo: NYC, manhattan subway
Camera: Mamiya 6

No comments: