Tuesday, April 28, 2009


There's a new member in the family; my camera family that is.

A pretty nice Leica M4. It's not collectible nice but it's still pretty clean and very usable; which is the point of owning it. Yes I own a Leica MP but I had a M4 back while going to Brooks in Santa Barbara and sold it to buy a Nikon F3. I have always regretted selling that M4, but money was tight then and I couldn't have two camera systems at the time. So, I've been watching the Ebay listings.

Modern digital cameras, with the exception of perhaps the M8, just can't compare to film cameras of the past. Take a look at any of the classic cameras from the late '60s through early '80s, such as the Pentax Spotmatic, Nikon F2. These cameras would be cost prohibitive to make now days. I doubt any digital camera can truly become the friend a well made film camera can be.

No comments: