Tuesday, August 08, 2006


So! I placed my order today for the just released Mac Pro 2.66ghz dual processor computer! It should ship this coming Friday. This ought to be one powerful computer, to help me speed through scans and processng of my images. I can hardly wait. Yes, photoshop won't be native until, I'm told, the beginning of the new year but until then I don't think it will be slower than my 1ghz powerbook G4 I'm using now. First addition will be a pair of 500gb hard drives in a RAID 1 configuration as the main storage; then more ram.

Photo: New Jersey
Camera: Hasselblad 500cm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, it's an awsome machine!

Just remember that Adobe Photoshop is not yet "universal binary" (intel native), so it will only run at about half the potential speed of the Mac Pro until Adobe updates their software (hopefully within the next 6 months)